Monday, July 1, 2019

1987 Donruss Opening Day #205

Type: Rookie Card
Acquired: Bought at a Show
Once again, here is another Bo card that caused confusion for my younger self back in the 80s. I already had the standard Donruss Rated Rookie card of Bo Jackson from 1987, so when I saw this card at a show I had no idea why this '87 Donruss card was so different from mine. I picked it up because it was a Bo card that I didn't have and after some digging in the Beckett price guide I discovered that this card was part of the Donruss Opening Day limited set that consisted of 272 cards. The design is similar to the regular '87 set except the front is a brownish color instead of black and the font on the back seems to have a more rounded/bubbled font. It is a nice card to add if you are looking for a cheap Bo rookie card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment