Tuesday, October 6, 2020

1991 Pacific #234

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Pulled From Pack
Thanks to the AWESOME blog "Collecting Cutch" we have a bonus Bo Jackson football card post this week! Collecting Cutch is hosting a contest to raise the profile of Breast Cancer Awareness Month over at their site. This is something that hits home since my Grandmother passed away from breast cancer before I even had the chance to know her. They are asking bloggers to post a "pink" card to their sites in hopes of winning a Babe Ruth relic card. I would have taken part even if there wasn't a prize involved. I know it's not a ton of pink, but I already posted my '90 Classic Bo Jackson card, so this was the next best thing I could find and man do I love it! I really like how this cards screams 90s with the teal & pink color stripe motif, but I also like that behind that motif is a really well put together card. The graphics don't deter from the great front & back photos and there are just enough stats and info on the card to keep me satisfied! I believe I pulled this card from a pack that was in a box of Pacific cards my Dad bought for us on clearance. I wonder why the Pacific cards were always clearanced around the area I lived in NJ? They are decent enough cards, but maybe just not good enough to compete with the big boys like Upper Deck & Topps?

4 comments:

  1. I hated this set design as a kid, but it's really grown on me over the years, so much so that I actually kind of like it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why people wouldn't care for it, but it's always been a favorite of mine. How about that tilted card back?

      Delete
  2. Cowabunga dude! That is one radical design. It's so 90s! I love it. Thank you for participating and good luck on the entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting on the contest and a COWABUNGA to you too sir!

      Delete