Monday, May 20, 2019

1987 Leaf #35

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Bought At Show
A Bo "Rated Rookie" card from Donruss...wait that isn't Donruss? It's some cheap knockoff by a company called Leaf! What's going on here? Those were my thoughts after I bought this card when I was still a young collector. Now I know these Leaf cards are not bootlegs, but the Canadian equivalent of our American Donruss cards. I actually, really like this design. The backs offer no extra photos, as was the style at the time, but it offers up a lot of stats and info on Mr. Jackson in English and in French! I always thought getting a card with the "Rated Rookie" stamp on it was a big deal and I'm glad Donruss has brought back this element in recent years.

2 comments:

  1. Love Rated Rookie cards!I still need that Bo card,It's pretty iconic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool card. I still prefer the Donruss version to the Leaf one.

      Delete