Monday, April 11, 2022

1990 Topps #285

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Bought At Card Show
This was the very first Bo Jackson football card in my collection! I had quite a few Bo baseball cards in my collection by 1990, but no football cards. One fateful trip to a flea market in NJ changed all that. My Dad took us and we stopped at all the booths that were selling cards. My brother was collecting Ken Griffey Jr., but I was on the hunt for Bo. One of the tables we went to had a stack of his cards and my Dad gave me and my brother each $10. I bought a lot of cards that day including this first Bo Jackson football card and I can't get enough of the beautiful totally 90's graphics!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you know it or not, but there's also a version of this card without the disclaimer on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait! What? You mean the "Manufactured, Sponsored or Authorized" part? I'm going to have to check my other copies and see if I have this variation! Thanks for the heads up!!!

      Delete