Monday, February 1, 2021

1991 Starting Lineup No#

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Bought Online
I was a huge fan of the Starting Lineup action figures back in the 90's. I collected the NY Jets team players and some of the first figures I owned were of Ken O'Brien, Freeman McNeil & Al Toon. Once I realized Bo had a few incarnations in the series, I had to have them. It was years later, but I searched for and purcahsed most of the football & baseball Bo figures online and they are still in my collection today. If you are unfamiliar with these toys, each figure came packaged with a card and another gimmicky item like a poster or silver coin. I loved the coins, they were so cool, but the cards were actually really well done also! These cards from Kenner could hold there own on a shelf next to any product put out by Topps, Donruss & Fleer back in the day. The photography is solid, they included multiple photos of each player and the bacs included full stats with a faux autograph! It would be cool if they created some figures of current players in the old school Starting Lineup style. I would buy those up!

1 comment:

  1. A lot of the early SL cards have held up much better looks-wise than those produced by the major manufacturers of the time.

    ReplyDelete