Monday, October 26, 2020

1990 Diamond Sports NO#

Type: Oddball Card
Acquired: Traded With Friend
There were so many unofficial cards released during the hobby boom in the 90s. I don't know where many of these came from or how they were acquired. This week's featured card though, is definitly odd. Still it has a charm to it. The front is made up to look like a magazine cover and features Bo famously breaking a bat over his knee. I give credit to whoever made this card, because this is a shot that I have not seen on another card. My dislike for this card stems from the fact that the front features Bo playing baseball and references his Kansas City Royals MLB days, but the back gives his 1989 NFL stats from his days with the Los Angeles Raiders! This type of thing annoys me, but what would you expect from an early 90s oddball release?

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the better Bo Broder's. I found my copy in a dime box just a couple of years ago, along with a few other faux Bo's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really makes you wonder how many of these cards are out there that we may not even know about?

      Delete