Monday, January 31, 2022

1986 Topps Traded #50T

Type: Rookie Card
Acquired: Bought Online?
I can't quite remember how I acquired this card, but it was always on my wish list when I was a kid. The only thing keeping me from getting it back then was the price. I did not get a huge allowance and any card over $5 had to be approved by my Dad. Every now and then he would chip in and get us a more expensive card if he knew it meant a lot to us, but he never did with this card. Not sure why? I do remember him springing for a 1991 Upper Deck Todd Van Poppel rookie card though. Wonder what he was thinking there?

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to fault your dad on the Van Poppel, everybody thought he was gonna be the next big thing... EVERYBODY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have that card and think of him every time I see it. It may be worthless now, but the memories attached to it are priceless.

      Delete