Monday, January 10, 2022

1989 ProSet #185

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Trade With Friend
I remember really liking this 1989 ProSet football card set when it was released back in the late 80s, but now not so much. The colors are kind of drab and the design is not very memorable. I do like the photography. ProSet usually has quality photography and this card showcases this. The stats are a highlight and the write-up is nice. The Raiders had some great talent on those late 80s teams with 3 Heisman Trophy winners on the roster. Along with Bo they also fielded Tim Brown & Marcus Allen!

2 comments:

  1. I can see why someone might not still be as enamored with the '89 Pro Set design as they were 30 years ago, but for me, it's a timeless design. All kinds of memories are provoked every time I see it, and for that reason alone, I'll never not like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The design is pretty much immediately recognizable.

      Delete