Monday, November 16, 2020

1990 King B Disc #17

Type: Limited Series
Acquired: Bought Online
This item was a bit of a mystery to me. I never knew what King B was until I researched it today. I honestly thought it was some kind of regional convenience store, but I was wrong. It turns out King B is a brand of jerky and these discs were randomly inserted into specially marked bags from 1988 - 1994. Bo was also included in the second series of these oddball "cards" in 1989. I may have to search that one out, since I see they go between $1 - $3 on ebay!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of them coming in bags before, as I always saw them in the little round containers (the same ones that they use for chewing tobacco) of shredded jerky. It was like the equivalent of candy cigarettes, kids could put the jerky in their lip like it was chew, but then eat the jerky when it ran out of 'juice'. I remember these containers never lasting very long, most kids would put a pinch or two in their lips, quickly grow tired of the novelty, then just eat the rest of it in a couple of bites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was exactly how we did it, but it's awesome that you could get a free card in one of these tins! Our jerky Chew of choice was "Wild Bill's Original Jerkey Chew"!

      Delete
  2. Funny how I can appreciate oddball cards now more than when I was a kid. This reminds me of the Cadaco game player discs .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Back then it was Topps, Upper Deck, FLEER, Donruss or nothing!

      Delete