Monday, March 8, 2021

1990 Collect-A-Books #1

Type: Book Card
Acquired: Pulled From Pack
These Collect-A-Books were pretty popular back in the day. They were the size of a trading card, but you read them like a book. As a matter of fact I actually passed one of these off as literature when I wrote a book report on Bo Jackson based off of this very Collect-A-Book while I was in high school! These didn't come in packs like standard cards, but they came in sets. Bo was in the first set released along with Dwight Gooden, Ken Griffey Jr., Rickey Henderson and 8 other baseball stars. They may be a collecting footnote now, but these were actually pretty cool, they fit in standard baseball card collector sheets and cases and gave you some decent info on your favorite players. I scanned the rest of the book and you can check it out for yourself below!


2 comments:

  1. I remember kid collectors loving these, and adult collectors hating them, at the time. I think I only ever owned Junior, but should probably look into getting a Bo too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to find all 36 books for around $6 if you do a quick search on ebay. May be cheaper to buy the whole set versus individual books.

      Delete