Monday, March 1, 2021

1990 Mini Poster

Type: Oddball Card
Acquired: Bought Online
I'm pretty sure this card was included in a lot of Bo stuff that I bought online. This card holds some really great sentimental value for me. I actually had a framed version of this poster hanging on my bedroom wall for at least a decade! What's special to me is how I got this poster. My family was at the New Jersey State Fair and I was about 9 years old and a huge Bo Jackson fan. I saw that one of the carnival games had this framed poster as a prize. I can't quite remember what game it was, but I do remember failing hard! I went away upset and broke. Little did I know that my older brother had gone back to the game and won me this Bo "Black & Blue" poster. I was ecstatic! This was so out of character for my brother that it really caught me by surprise. Even though he would give me wedgies, ruin my works of art (at least I thought they were) and blame me for anything that went wrong in the house, I still have those great memories of the few times he wasn't a jerk! This was one of them. Thanks bro!

2 comments:

  1. Nice story. Do you have it framed now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the framed picture is in my Mom's attic. Next time I am back home, I'll have to hunt for it. The photo featured in this post is actually a trading card sized image of that same poster. Glad to have both of them in my Bo collection!

      Delete