Monday, June 3, 2019

1991 Classic #186

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Bought At Show
I love this card! On January 13, 1991 in a game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Bo Jackson injured his hip so badly that everyone assumed his sports career was over! Well, Bo don't know the meaning of give up and after a successful surgery and months of rehab, Bo was ready to play ball again. I was heartbroken as a Bo fan when people were suggesting his career was over then he signed with the White Sox and some sort of joy was brought back to my young world. This card signifies to me, the return of my sports idol, an athletic icon and an impossible journey that not many people could have made. His smile in this photo says, "I'm back and ready to demolish some fastballs" and I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment