Monday, July 12, 2021

1990 Action Packed #128

Type: Base Card
Acquired: Traded With Friend
Action Packed cards were freakin' amazing to us kid card collectors in the early 90's. Every card in the set was embossed with an action photo of our favorite football player. It was something we had never seen before and the packs sold for twice as much as a pack of Topps cards or Pro Set. That and the fact that they had gold foil on each card must mean that they were valuable! Right? Anyway, I was so envious of my friend when he pulled this card from a pack. I had to have it! Pretty sure I traded quite a few Don Mattingly, Kevin Maas and maybe a couple Dave Righetti cards to get this Bo in my hands. Totally worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Action Packed doesn't get much love these days, which is a shame, because the cards still look really great even after all of these years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would buy these up like crazy if they released them today!

      Delete