Monday, September 28, 2020

1990 Baseball Cards Presents #4

Type: Magazine Card
Acquired: Cut From Magazine
I vividly remember getting this card from one of my Uncles at a family reuinion. As a kid, we never really saw my Dad's side of the family, but when we did it was a party. There were so many people at this reunion that I didn't know and as a 9 year old in a strange place with unknown people, you can believe I was a little stand-offish. The one thing that helped me come out of my shell was hearing the older folks talk about sports. I joined right in and talked about my favorite team (New York Mets) and favorite player. When my Uncle heard Bo was my favorite player, he went to his car and grabbed a baseball card album and let me pick out any cards I wanted. Of course I grabbed some Bo cards, including the one above. Beside the sentimental value of the card, I love the appearance of Bo's "Dwayne Wayne" flip up glasses. Totally 90s & totally classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment