Monday, June 20, 2022

1992 Ballstreet Diamond Edition #D15

 
Type: Oddball Card
Acquired: Bought at Show
I think everyone had at least 1 Ballstreet card in their collection back in the 90's. Ballstreet was a fairly popular magazine/card price guide back in the 90's, in my circles not as popular as Beckett or Tuff Stuff, but still pretty popular. The thing that set it apart from the other mags was the inclusion of these foil stamped card sheets that were inserted in nearly every issue. Yes, Tuff Stuff had cards, but the didn't have foil! These card sheets featured some of the biggest names of the era which naturally included Bo Jackson. I remember me and my friends asking our art teacher to use her paper cutter to slice these cards for us. She did a pretty good job in doing so, much better than the shaky & twitchy hand of a 12 year old!

1 comment:

  1. The foil makes all the difference with these! I had never heard of Ballstreet until just a couple of years ago, but I wasn't really into price guides of any kind, so it doesn't really surprise me that it could've existed at the time without me knowing of it.

    ReplyDelete